Hacienda del Plata

Hacienda Dl Plata Zagal Malbec 2012

$14.99

Quantity Discounts:
Qty: Unit Price:
6 $14.24
12 $13.49
24 $12.74

    Notify Me



Mendoza, Argentina

Hacienda dl Plata Zagal Malbec is another great red wine discovery from Argentina. Hacienda dl Plata is the story of an Andean ranch born in the 18th century on the north bank of the Mendoza River and the history of the Gonzalez-Pinto family still making wines in balance with the environment of this special place in Mendoza. We find this a true red wine gem! The Zagal Malbec grapes come from Las Marias Vineyard, located at 920.8 meters above sea level, in the town of Chacras de Coria in the district of Lujan de Cuyo, Mendoza. The vineyard is 4 hectares in size with clay loam soil containing alluvial deposits for great minerality in the wine.

Hacienda dl Plata Zagal Malbec is an intensely brilliant violet-red with hints of blue. 100% Malbec, the nose is vibrant with red fruits, plums, violets, earth and spices. The palate is juicy and rich, showing ripe varietal red plums, spice and cedary oak. It has excellent structure and good concentration with smooth tannins. 40% of the wine is aged in French and American oak, and the other 60% is kept in stainless steel tanks for 8 months, then aged in bottle for another 6 months. The wine has a silky structure with a long, rich finish.

Enjoy Hacienda dl Plata Zagal Malbec over the next 6-8 years with grilled lamb chops, steak, roast beef, beef empanadas and sharp cheeses.


Customer Reviews

This product has not yet been reviewed.

Write a Review

Please login or register to write a review for this product.





Share: